Monday, December 7, 2009

I went down in a blaze of...

Chris the leader for a day, or 3 laps

This is a classic course and today did not dissapoint

Hollie rocked it today for 2nd

I did my best today, but it was not enough

Dave and I rode pegged all day chasing a 15-5 second gap the last 1/2 of the race

Looking for another gear?
Today was a bitter sweet day for me. This course suited me well. Bumpy power flats, sharp steep loose climbs, fast descent, sand...everything I could want. I just lacked 1%. that being said, Josh Snead absolutely smashed it today. I had to beat Josh to keep the lead in the series. He won, I got 3rd...I ended up 2nd over all. The Bay Area Super Prestige was not a goal of mine at the beginning of the season, but after the first race I started to gravitate towards it. Next year I will put it higher on my list of goals. Great series. Great competition.

7 comments:

jrad said...

atta boy.

jrad said...

i guess same for you C!

Eric Emsky said...

Should have come to Portland!

Anonymous said...

Just want to wish you and Hollie a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Chris, if you were to buy a new frame for mtb, which brand would you look into (full suspension)
Titus
Specialized
Just curious as to what the pro would choose himself.
Jon

chris and hollie mcgovern said...

Specialized is good too. I am have a titanium obsession right ow, so I would go for Titus, but I dont think you can go wrong either way. even if you go full suspension, you cant go wrong. Go do some test rides!

Cheers
and happy holidays

Chris

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the advice.
Just read in a mtb magazine about the trails around Downieville. SUpposedly they are awsome. Have you done those trails often?
Jon

chris and hollie mcgovern said...

Jon
yes I have ridden Downieville. Its super close. You know they are good trails, but i do not understand all the hype. I would not travel to ride there...but people do, they come in droves and they drive right past a lot of great trails on their way. I guess I am spoiled with the trails I have right out my door. Hats off to the folks out there for creating a market though...